Here it is April 7th

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
and I still haven't planted anything except my potatoes! We've had so much rain the past two weeks and had a light frost last night! :barnie I'm going to dash home after work today and plant, plant, plant!!! We have more rain in the forcast this week! Crazy weather! :rolleyes:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They are calling for a chance of frost here again tonight. I really truly hope this weather is coming to an end. I know its spring and all but COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No kidding! It's 15 degrees below normal today and the low tonight is supposed to be 41. It REALLY needs to warm up cause I want to put those broiler chickens I ordered OUTSIDE!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
No kidding! It's 15 degrees below normal today and the low tonight is supposed to be 41. It REALLY needs to warm up cause I want to put those broiler chickens I ordered OUTSIDE!!!
Yeah, I just put my duckling outside because she's started feathering out... but I will probably bring her back in tonight. She's smart enough to stay in her box while the wind is blowing, but I still feel bad with the weather being what it is.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My two little duckies took a trip this past Saturday. My brother lives about an hours drive from me. He's got 67 acres with a pond on it. I just couldn't bear the thought of having to confine the ducks with a plastic pond so I called him and asked if he wanted more ducks - he said bring them on! He's keeping them in his barn until they feather out and then will introduce them to the others. I think they'll be much happier out there.

He's got a beautiful place and I try not to be pea green with envy - especially when I saw the three new little heifers he had :hit

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It snowed off and on all day here and sometimes really really hard but almost none really stuck. The ground was fairly warm and wet.
It's supposed to get up to almost 50 tomorrow. I hope it hurries and does it EARLY. We are taking our GD to a memorial service to mark the anniversary of the wreck of the Walter Main Circus train. Elephants will be there to lay a wreath and she gets a 1/2 day excused absence from school. :D

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted 36 tomato plants and the few I started from seed that looked like death! Going home again tonight and hopefully finish. Storms are in the forecast tomorrow and Sunday! :rolleyes:

Latest posts