Hey Beefy, Look In Here!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beefy said:
Joe, you could probably just send me the top of the rooted one in a padded envelope and i could root it myself. cut down on some postage? we are pretty close, i think it would make it here in rootable condition? what do you think? i hate for you to spend money mailing dirt.

on a similar note have you ever sent coleus cuttings to anyone that arrived in rootable condition and did they take? i'm thinking that if i was to mail someone a longish cutting of coleus in a moistened papertowel taht the end may start taking root on the way and if not, there would be enough left on the other end in good enough condition to make a few cuttings when it got there?

your thoughts?
I much rather send a rooted cutting as I know it has a much better chance of making it! Also a box is a mans best friend! I can get a lot of stuff in a box! ;) I think an envelope would get bent, smashed, oh it hurts to think of it! :hit

If you want to send Coleus I would first let it set in water for a few days so it starts root. Just a little moss around the root ball keeps it moist and happy.

Not to worry my friend, I made the offer! I have the right size box in my reach!
A small prepaid box is only $4.95 and sure would fit a nice amount of Day lilies. ;)

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
beefy said:
Joe, you could probably just send me the top of the rooted one in a padded envelope and i could root it myself. cut down on some postage? we are pretty close, i think it would make it here in rootable condition? what do you think? i hate for you to spend money mailing dirt.

on a similar note have you ever sent coleus cuttings to anyone that arrived in rootable condition and did they take? i'm thinking that if i was to mail someone a longish cutting of coleus in a moistened papertowel taht the end may start taking root on the way and if not, there would be enough left on the other end in good enough condition to make a few cuttings when it got there?

your thoughts?
I much rather send a rooted cutting as I know it has a much better chance of making it! Also a box is a mans best friend! I can get a lot of stuff in a box! ;) I think an envelope would get bent, smashed, oh it hurts to think of it! :hit

If you want to send Coleus I would first let it set in water for a few days so it starts root. Just a little moss around the root ball keeps it moist and happy.

Not to worry my friend, I made the offer! I have the right size box in my reach!
A small prepaid box is only $4.95 and sure would fit a nice amount of Day lilies. ;)
$4.95 at usps???

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i'll have to look into those next time i go to town. i guess they'll have them at staples? i only go into town about once a week.

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
They probably have those boxes available for you...if that was what you were talking about in your earlier post. I've never had any trouble just dropping by the p.o. and asking for one.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
beefy said:

your thoughts?

If you ship using their website and print up the slip at home its only $4.80!!!! And they'll come to your house and pick it up to ship for FREE next day!!!!

I do it all the time for my business, they pick up like 2-4 times a week. ;) Love those flat rate priority mail boxes.... :celebrate

You need the boxes without going to post office? I order the boxes off the usps website, they deliver those to you FREE at your house. And the boxes are FREE. I order 50 boxes of each size at a time... about once a year and I'm set. Takes about 1 week to get the boxes delivered from the time I order.

Latest posts