Hey Carol Dee! Are You OK?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Weather Service updated their page on the storm. There are pictures including a 30 minute video of what it may have been like looking out your window on that day.

LINK

Admittedly, I jumped ahead about 5 or 10 minutes at a time. The neighborhood was changing in those 30 minutes!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Carol, what a mess to clean up. Worse, losing big trees is like a funeral of an old, dear friend. You will miss that tree. Dealing with the damage is stressful enough, then when it is all cleaned up, you see the gaping hole where it once stood and it is no longer there, giving shade to you and shelter for birds.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone. We where actually VERY Lucky . We did lose the century old tree and its shade. It missed the house, it missed the neighbors. Our power was out 3 hours. Not days. We did bring MIL to stay with us for the FIVE days her apartment was without power. Things around here are pretty much cleaned up. Power is back to everyone in the area. Some went a full week without. A few a bit more :( I will add a few photos of damage and cleanup.
We had a great cleanup crew, My husband, both sons and the 2 grandsons. We barrowed a friends dump trailer and rented another friends JLG! Last pic shows how hollow the tree was !!!! Grandson #1 is 5'6" laying across it.

DSC05783.JPG
DSC05825.JPG
100_4776.JPG
DSC05933.JPG
100_4794.JPG
tree down3.jpg