Hey Guys I got a question

jose408

Sprout
Reaction score
Well i planted some chili and i think i planted the seeds to deep and i was wondering if they are going to come out? and yes i have them germinating and they are in a plastic container with a light bulb only 1 cup has 2 chili plants growing but the rest arent growing

The other question is how long does it take for a carnivorous plant to come out i got a venus fly trap and a lily cobra i couldnt find no deatil on it.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, pepper plants like HOT weather. They may struggle through the winter if it stays mild and not too cold. But they do best in the summer. Mine have lots of peppers on them now. Here is one in a pot on the patio,

HabenerobushinPot120308email.jpg

This one was planted in the late spring, as a plant from a local nursery. I don't have much luck with peppers from seed.
I have six or seven pepper plants throughout the garden.
I grow Habenero peppers mostly.

I don't know anything about meat eating plants!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I remember reading venus fly traps needed a LOT of moisture to get going. You may want to create a high humidity enviroment for it.

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Welcome, Jose! Are you talking about pepper plants started inside? My seeds that I start inside take FOREVER to sprout and finally come up. Sometimes when I'm about to throw them out they finally pop out. Good luck!

freshfood

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I had the same trouble with my pepper seeds taking forever - until I put the seed trays on TOP of the grow lights, which warmed the soil and the peppers sprouted in no time! This year I started out with the peppers on top until they sprouted and then I moved them under so they got the light.

Good luck!

daisydukers

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I use a heating mat to give mine a head start, heat is key to germination of peppers and most other plants for the garden with the exception of carrots (in my experience)...

Latest posts