Hey Marshall . . .

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did a boo boo in what I typed above, but I'll fix it. Right at the beginning of the 6th paragraph. if you read it and this is here, it is repaired :)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
hmmm, Smart, I best think about it first then. Maybe if I make them a deal they can't refuse?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I don't remember all that much of my Sykes . . .

The Y chromosome is inherited only by the boy babies. The mother places the mitochondrial DNA in each and everyone of us. Population bottlenecks are bottlenecks and we have to face the fact that modern humans weren't always a very successful species - masters of their universe, champions of all that they surveyed.

Take the prehistoric North American continent, for example. It must have been an absolutely daunting prospect to head off into a wilderness populated with the kind of beasts that once existed here! I mean, a sharpened stick had better have a great deal of brain-power behind it or it wasn't gonna take anyone very far.

The dna of the Neandertal female has some remarkable evidence of inbreeding. I don't think that it should be necessarily surprising. Life was tough on the frontier and the population was small and scattered, at best. The frontier was everywhere when the modern human first scratched his/her head and decided to head off - that-away!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, Linn!

That is so surprising!

You changed your avatar but the previous one is still the same in this thread! (Does this have anything to do with genetics??)

Steve
it is my computer, ain't it?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I see that an edit was made to the human taxonomy information by someone days ago.

That editor went on to some monkey-wrenching of the "Puff Pastry" article just today. Obviously someone with wide interests!

The sources cited for the information are NOT from 60,000 BP. Therefore, I don't know if we can trust them without being able to watch someone being drug in for paternity tests on the set of The Maury Povich Show!

Steve
where science meets the law, and cries 'uncle!' relatives in low places.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes at the va hospital in the waiting rooms I see tv.

Those maury sprenger and jerry povich shows are hilarious!

Latest posts