Hey, Murphysranch!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Roxy Ann is on Wikipedia's homepage this morning :).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

This bill dominated the skyline from my childhood home in/near Medford Oregon. Now, if Murphysranch still has the same plan for a move, I think it will be just around the left shoulder of this mountain.

I don't think we ever called this a mountain when I lived here ... just about where the photographer has the camera. The reason? The hill has trees all the way to the top. It looks nothing like Mount McLaughlin which could also be seen from that location if the photographer had turned the camera to that very steep, very high volcano.

The two Table Rocks are probably also in view to the photographer. They are what the names sound like. The camera is in a broad, flat valley between the Coast Range and the Cascade Mountains. Additionally, the Siskiyou Mountains are like a wall separating the states of Oregon and California, just to the right of the photographer.

Steve :)

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We would definitely call this a mountain! Just because everything is so flat here. I guess it's a matter of perspective. ;)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grew up in the ridges and mountains of East Tennessee but went to college in Middle Tennessee. Middle Tennessee is pretty flat in comparison though not as flat as Holland. It is more of a plateau. I took a friend home one weekend. On the drive there he was awed by the scenery, saying things like "Look at the size of those mountains". I didn't say anything but was thinking "Mountains? Those are just hills." So yes, it is all in your perspective. Some people that are used to the Rockies don't consider the Appalachians to be mountains. In the Appalachians trees often go all the way to the top. That doesn't happen in the Rockies.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gosh, Steve. Always thinking of me and your old stomping ground. I'm printing that page for my files for places to explore.

Funny about that. I went down to Eagle Point on Saturday. It was about 60 out and gorgeous. After I dropped off some things at my storage unit, I went by my soon to be home to plant some bulbs. Then took a drive up the hill above the development. This is where I'm moving to in early June.

ULaNWuy.jpg

Then above that development is a VA cemetary. I tooks lots of pics there. I wish Daddy was there instead of down in a dry dusty place in the Central Valley of Calif.

Er3VMCw.jpg

There is a space ship next to the development. It took months before we learned it was a water storage tank.

zdFV8wG.jpg

wmCRO1h.mp4

Lastly, there is Mt McLaughlin from a side road heading east. I took the pic of the mountain and my husband's truck (another strong woman story). Mt McL can be seen for miles and miles.

YdSKqYn.jpg

I've not heard of Roxy Ann Peak. Thank for you for the education. I love the plateaus that are next to where I'm going to live. I can see both of them from one side of my home. I'd like to go and see a topographical map of the area.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Perspective is a matter of experience.

That lovely Mt. McLoughlin is not in the Rockies but is in the Cascades, hundreds of miles further west from places like Colorado where everything is on the vertical in the central part of that state!

The volcanoes can be a little intimidating although the beauty of a place like Crater Lake makes one imagine that going through an eruption might almost be worth it .... several thousand years down the road ;).

Murphyranch was near Mt Rainer not all that long ago. Mt Shasta and Rainer are incredible! Hood is a nice feature to drive past while taking a highway on the Columbia but ... there are all sorts of picturesque mountains of volcanic origin several miles into California and on north into Canada. Plan your vacations!!

Steve :)

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat: the women are dispersed randomly within the men. I initially thought they were segregated and was miffed. But no, their headstones face opposite of the men. Strange.

Here is one of my many pics of Mount Shasta, south of Oregon along the same range as McLaughlin and the others up north.
CRd6OxK.jpg

GY6jvbI.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
About the same 14,000 feet elevation, here was my TEG Christmas card a few years ago. Ranier:

washington-jpg.17880

No, I just signed it and didn't take the picture ;).

Steve

Latest posts