Hey newbie here! From Va

Savanah

Sprout
Reaction score
I just linked here from Backyard Chickens forum! I have never had a successful garden and wanna learn everything I possibly can here. Are there really people that have gardens this time of the year? Let me know whats growing this time of year and thank you everyone in advance.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome! happy to see you found your way over here.

I live in Sunny FL so yes I have a year round garden.
I am not so much into Veg as I am Tropicals.

But never the less welcome and I look forward to your garden posts.

Joe

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Savanah,

:welcome

Glad to see you join in. I am sure there are folks close enough to give you all the info you need to get started. The important thing to know is that all the variables change from year to year so don't get discouraged if at first you do not succeed. I am sure you will do fine.

I am in New Mexico, tonight it is snowing, yet I still have bushes of tomatoes out there (covered with sheets tonight). This is a bit of an early bird drop in temps, very unusual for us. I am hoping in less than a day things will turn back around and warm up.

Here is a wonderful series of Youtube videos conducted by the Farm Bureau of Virginia. It is specifically covering 'Winter Gardening' for Virginia. How about that!

Winter Gardening in Virginia

Enjoy! Keep posting and ask plenty of questions..it only motivates us warmer folks to do internet searches :gig

Ron

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
hello and welcome!
this is my first time trying a fall garden, i planted lettuce, carrots, beets, and peas .. oh and i also am trying a cover crop in 2 garden beds, my first time with that as well .. here in CA. i think i have about 240 days a years as a growing season ..
everyone here is very helpful, just as byc ..

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! You will really enjoy this site- everyone is very helpful! I am in zone 4- so my gardening days are coming to a fast end. But, I still have broccoli, brussel sprouts, beets, lettuce, and swiss chard out there...I also planted winter rye as a cover crop on my corn field (green manure). You can learn everything you need to know about gardening this winter and be ready for spring! If you have chicken poop (no wood chips) till it into your soil now- so it won't be too hot come spring... Enjoy!

AnticGod

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi, welcome on the forum. Enjoy your stay! Don`t forget to read the rules before you post! :)

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hi Savanah!

I'm a newbie too, so i don't have much wisdom for you.

But there are some very knowledgeable folks here and lots of knowledge to glean from them.

Welcome to TEG!!! :rainbow-sun