Hey... where's that Nacho lady??

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes yes... I'm sorry... I kinda stink at keeping up with things sometimes!! ;-)

So... new things around here... hmmmmmmmmmmm

Got the bunnies outside! (Sorry Marshall.. we traded you for a doe we named Nora. ;) Our next Buck will be Marshall tho!) I'm already planning on going BACK up north to another breeder that has all colors of New Zealands and getting one of each, and a buck.

Our tomatoes are about a zillion feet tall!! (Okay not really.. but they ARE ready to be outside!! C'mon last frost!!!! Of course, I guess I COULD put the hoop house over them and they would be toasty in there!)

We hatched 6 baby ducks... and they were the CUTEST things in the entire universe!!

We added 4 silkies, 1 white, 1 blue, 1 black, and 1 up in the air color... LOL Today, we got our dark cornish to experiment with crossing them with our buckeyes to get giant meat birds! (I'll post pictures when I get some. :D )

Hmmmmmmm.....

I don't really know what else to say.. other than the 9 zillion bulbs I planted this past fall are already coming up! :ep

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's about time you showed back up! Been missing you!!! :hugs Sounds like you have good reason though. You have been busy with your rabbits and getting ready to garden. Don't stay away for so long! :rose

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
See, when you wait awhile to check in- you have a huge list of accomplishments! Sounds like spring has sprung for you!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I missed you guys too!! :hugs :love

Spring has definitely sprung here in NC!! The last couple weeks I've felt like death warmed over because of allergies, and one of my friends was over last night and she went to the doctor today and sent me a text that she has the flu! :he

I also just noticed that a couple of the tomato plants have some tiny flowers!! :weee I could have tiny tomatoes before the last frost!! :celebrate

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OH! And I just went out to do the nightly feeding, and one of my Buckeyes is setting on a clutch of 6 eggs :ya :celebrate :weee

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup, it is definitely spring! Allergies and eggs- there is your proof!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome back Nacho you QTpie!

See? Get a breeding stud named Marshall and everyone will want his services.

:p

Lol, always remember, any rabbit or rooster named Marshall is surely a breeder. :p

Around here lately, and probably most importantly for the moment, we have MontyJ who just started with baby chickens, and he's tying so hard. Maybe you can have some advice for him when you look at his posts. Some of them are getting sick.

Oh, and awhile back someone was asking about baby duckies. Maybe you can find the thread. Something about how dirty theirs were, and I mentioned yours are always so cute. That'd be an easier and fun one for you to write about. How you keep your duckies so clean and cute.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome back nachoqtpie!! ;) The weather in NC has been quite nice, it was around 70 degrees this past Monday. It was great to be able to get outside to enjoy it. Spring has definitely sprung here :woot .

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When you find out how to keep ducklings clean... you let me know!! ;) They ARE cute... just REALLY dirty!! :lol:

The weather has been decent... LOL It's been nicer this time of year. It was gross and rainy today. I didn't like it at all!!! I had some SOAKED chickens going to bed tonight! LOL

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
But yours are so clean looking Nacho! Guess we need to see some photos of them dirty :)

Latest posts