Hey Yall!

MrsLita2019

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi! My husband and I are setting up a small farm in Texas. I joined the BYC group for my chickens and found the sister sites. We are trying to set ourselves up to be self-sufficient and reduce the need for the crazy corporate job. I grew up on a farm and have a little bit of knowledge about caring for my animals, but I want to make sure we set ourselves up for success and provide the right care for our animals. I believe you need 3 types of people in your journeys...Someone who has been where you're trying to go, someone who is where you are, and someone who is trying to get where you are. It has served us well in our marriage so why not in our farm journey! Our land was a corn field and proved to be not rich soil. Last year our garden was in containers and did pretty well. This year, we are trying to expand provide more food through the winter. Big Bucks, No Whammies!

Celtic_Rumor

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi! My husband and I are setting up a small farm in Texas. I joined the BYC group for my chickens and found the sister sites. We are trying to set ourselves up to be self-sufficient and reduce the need for the crazy corporate job. I grew up on a farm and have a little bit of knowledge about caring for my animals, but I want to make sure we set ourselves up for success and provide the right care for our animals. I believe you need 3 types of people in your journeys...Someone who has been where you're trying to go, someone who is where you are, and someone who is trying to get where you are. It has served us well in our marriage so why not in our farm journey! Our land was a corn field and proved to be not rich soil. Last year our garden was in containers and did pretty well. This year, we are trying to expand provide more food through the winter. Big Bucks, No Whammies!
What's the BYC group? Like a Facebook page? Or another forum?

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the PNW!

Latest posts