HF Greenhouses

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
It really depends on what you are starting in there. If you are sticking to cool weather starts- you will be okay. If you want tomatoes or peppers out there, it will need to be warmer... I solve the problem by starting my tomatoes in the house, and moving them out when the weather is better.

LVVCHAP

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks Steve,
Looks like I better crank up the thermostat. My cabbage, broccoli, etc. did not do well last year. this article might have explained why.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
We get a lot of dismal days in upstate New York in the spring, so I have a small heater with a thermostat set at 45 degrees in the greenshouse. I also have a supplemental light to keep the seedlings from getting leggy on dismal days. Solar vent openers regulate the vents on the rare occasions when the sun shines. :rolleyes:

This year the greenhouse is completely automated. The large reservoirs on the shelves have feed lines that run to each of the large green pots and an automatic valve controls feeding nutrients to the plants. The small pots are self watering containers that will be used for flowers and to grow lettuce that I intend to let go to seed.

There is very little to do other than plant and pick.;)

greenhouse-1.jpg

Latest posts