Hi from Chalmette, LA (15 minutes east of New Orleans)

popsgumdrop

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
:frow Welcome to the forum! :frow Glad you joined us! :frow

I used to go fishing out of Shell Beach in what seems a lifetime ago. Did Blackie Campo and the boys rebuild the launch at their dock? I liked that lift so I didn't have to back the boat trailer tires into that brackish water. Not as hard on the bearings.
Hi Ridgerrunner

I have not been down to Shell Beach in a while, but I heard they did rebuild Blackie's. I don't know if he has the same kid of launch he had back then. I would imagine so, because if I remember his location right a back down launch just would not work right there. That area is actually doing much better than you would expect. They are building condos each with it's own boat house. A couple of months ago I saw on realtor.com some of the camps and properties for sale down there. They ain't cheap! Your post has inspired me to take the ole' Jeep out this weekend and take a ride. I used to spend a lot of time down in that area of the parish when I was a kid.

popsgumdrop

Leafing Out
Reaction score
momofdrew: Yeah, the weather hear has been driving me crazy for the last couple of days. It rained so much over a 4 or 5 day period that our side yard flooded a little, or street flooded a lot, and I'm sure it will take a week for the empty field behind our house to drain. My veggies seem to be doing OK, but the rain ruined a bunch of my figs. :( Oh, well. Nothing you can do about mother nature.

Latest posts