Hi from Georgia

Brad497

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm glad to be a part of the forum! I love plants and don't have many people to talk to about them. I use my mom's greenhouse to overwinter my plants that are not cold hardy, which is more than half of them! So it is full in the Winter and the rest of the year we use the greenhouse to root cuttings. So far everything is looking great. I am not sure if I can post photos yet but I have some I would like to share. I acquired some new plants yesterday and cannot wait to plant them but I have to wait until my next day off which is 5 days from now.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Brad497 most of us here are garden nuts and no one understands us except our fellow TEG members! You have fallen in to good company! Welcome and can't wait to hear more about your plants, garden, greenhouse and see pictures!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Brad497! What state/zone are you in? Tell us more about what you grow and how big your garden is. You will love the people here. Everyone is very nice and helpful.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, not sure about EVERY being nice. (Dang southerners & adopted southerners)

Welcome Brad. Enjoy, ask, share and bring a sense of humor!

Brad497

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm glad to be here:) Seems like a friendly place. I found this place from backyardchickens.
Trying to figure out how to post a picture
mexicanpetunia12_zps9be4a7d9.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty flower. Oh... and Welcome to TEG. ;) We are a serious bunch of gardeners and a big bunch of jokesters. too! Come on in and join the fun.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm glad to be here:) Seems like a friendly place. I found this place from backyardchickens.
Trying to figure out how to post a picture
mexicanpetunia12_zps9be4a7d9.jpg
Lovely photo! Looks like posting pictures won't be a problem for you. We LOVE pictures, pictures, and lots of pictures here on TEG.

:welcome @Brad497 :welcome I'm glad to have you growing with us. Many of us found our way here from BYC -- me included. It seems to me that only the best of people love both fowl and gardening. At least only the best of people stop, visit, and stay here on TEG.

Hope to see you often.

Brad497

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks @Carol Dee and @Smart Red. I love Ruellia. Just found out about it, I like plants that root easily from cuttings. I'll post some more recent pictures later in a new thread. I work night shift and it about kills me to have to sleep during the day when I could be planting :p.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, and Welcome! I don't think I have seen that blue blossom before. Is that Ruellia? Beautiful! Tell us more...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ooh! Looks like it has become invasive in warm moist locations in Florida. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be invasive up this far. It apparently can be controlled by lack of moisture. I may have to try it. I managed to kill purple loosestrife, so not to worry, lol.

Latest posts