Hi from pa

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
:welcome from Central IL! I was kidnapped from West Chester as a small child and I am now suffering Stockholm Syndrome in the state of Illinois.
"Chicagoland" was never my home.
I would often wax on about missing my jungle-gym and the cool, summer evenings.
We get hot and become a greenhouse in the middle of the summer here, in IL, which is REALLY a reclaimed swamp.
TOTAL YUCK!!!!! :sick
Gardening is the ONLY activity that seems to alleviate my symptoms. YOU KNOW, posttraumatic stress: nightmares, insomnia, flashbacks, a tendency to startle easily, confusion, and difficulty trusting others. o_O
So...is Douglasville in the foothills of the Allegheny's?

Missa@4949

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Douglasville pa beeks county zone 6 I think
:welcome from Central IL! I was kidnapped from West Chester as a small child and I am now suffering Stockholm Syndrome in the state of Illinois.
"Chicagoland" was never my home.
I would often wax on about missing my jungle-gym and the cool, summer evenings.
We get hot and become a greenhouse in the middle of the summer here, in IL, which is REALLY a reclaimed swamp.
TOTAL YUCK!!!!! :sick
Gardening is the ONLY activity that seems to alleviate my symptoms. YOU KNOW, posttraumatic stress: nightmares, insomnia, flashbacks, a tendency to startle easily, confusion, and difficulty trusting others. o_O
So...is Douglasville in the foothills of the Allegheny's?
Thanks the joys of a yucky summer I grew up in Philly Douglasville is in Berks county and I miss Philly it's hard to find a good pizza shop around here lol but I like to garden and plant flowers

Missa@4949

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I was born in Philly, lived on I Street until I was 3yo. Went back to visit parents friends, Last century, don't remember much, exCEPT for a scary Felix the Cat clock, where the eyes moved back and forth! :hide:hide:hide
That's creepy I do and don't miss it

Missa@4949

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Welcome from Alabama nice to meet you! My favorite tomato color is probably blue on yellow.
Thanks over time I want to get different tomatoes this season I'm keeping it kinda simple Roma and beefsteak carrots lettuce brussel sprouts and redskin and russet potatoes it's my first time trying potatoes my redskin are takin off so far I eventually want a 6x8 greenhouse

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks over time I want to get different tomatoes this season I'm keeping it kinda simple Roma and beefsteak carrots lettuce brussel sprouts and redskin and russet potatoes it's my first time trying potatoes my redskin are takin off so far I eventually want a 6x8 greenhouse
I would really like a greenhouse

Hello and welcome from a soaking wet UK

Please don't let @ducks4you scare you away. She doesn't scare me very much really :weee:hide

Latest posts