Hi, Gardening Friends!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Digits and ninnymary have been nice enough to reach out to me. Last you heard from me I was going to be moving to Florida... I did end up buying a townhouse in West Palm Beach- but I am not living there-yet. I am still gardening in upstate NY. That isn't saying much, this year. We had months of rain early on. I was wishing I planted cranberries or rice. Corn field under water- a few stalks survived, but no harvest.
Both my parents ended up in nursing home care, and Mom died this July. Still taking care of Dad. So the dream of Florida gardening is on hold for now.
On a positive note, my cheery tree was wonderful this year and I had so many peaches that a large branch broke right off the tree! Plums are looking good too. So nice to see all my gardening friends! I will spend sometime reading and see what you all have been up to! Happy Gardening!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
my cheery tree was wonderful this year and I had so many peaches that a large branch broke right off the tree! Plums are looking good too. So nice to see all my gardening friends!
Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful !

I'm sorry that you have been having tough family times, Lesa :hugs.

We have had @jackb and @Nyboy telling us about the difficult growing weather in your corner of the world.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey there, Lesa! We've missed you! :frow

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. I lost my dad in May to brain cancer and it was so hard. My heart goes out to you. Diggin' in the dirt and pulling weeds has been good therapy for me and quiet time with my thoughts. I hope what bit of gardening you've had time to do has been restorative for your soul. Something about the annual cycles of life, having something to nurture and grow; it really helps bring some peace. I found a tomato plant volunteer in my dad's backyard while I was mowing last night. I rescued it and brought it home. Maybe I'll even get a few late tomatoes from it. Hugs and prayers for you and your dad. :hugs

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been wondering where you've been, happy to here from you. I was able to transplant the horse radish you gave me at our new home it doing great. I was not able to successfully harvest the bottle goard seeds from the seeds you gave me so I had to start over with new seeds. Sounds like you have your hands full over there, good luck.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Leeesaa!!! I have missed you so much! Wonderful to see you again!

Sorry to hear you lost your mom recently. :hugs

I pictured you gardening in Florida and taking surfing lessons. Your townhouse will wait, sometimes life doesn't cooperate with our plans.
In the meantime, come hang out with us!