Hi, Jenn86 from Wisconsin

Jenn86

Sprout
Reaction score
I have been gardening, off and on, most of my life., fyi, I'm 53. Milwaukee clay soil and critters from the parkway made in almost impossible when I was growing up, but mom always let me try. The sandy soil in Two Rivers was great, but it was a very small lot. Now I have moved to rural Fond du Lac county on 2.5 acres. Last year neighbor tilled up 30' x 80' ft., was a nice big garden, but weeds got away from me. This year DH built me 15 4'x8' raised beds, 1 11'x17' horse shoe bed (to be finished into a greenhouse) and a 8'x16' bed of strawberries and asparagus. Raised beds have been a lot more fun. Now the harvesting, preserving and seed saving...still learning. Oh, and I still have 25'x25' in ground area I attempted the three sisters method (corn, beans, winter squash), some ups and downs there, difficulty with the corn, probably too close to large black walnut trees. The whole property needs cleaning up and recovering of areas that have over grown. Anyway hello all, glad to be here.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
hello and welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan.

gardening always presents different challenges at different times and a part of learning is being able to accept things and move on because otherwise you can get discouraged and give up. starting with such a big space it would be tough to keep up... :)

Latest posts