Hi Tammy here. So glad I found this group. New to Texas and it’s my first time gardening in humidity. From New Mexico where it’s hot and dry.

TJOHLSSON

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi! :welcome I’m from Alabama so I’ve dealt with humidity my whole gardening journey. You will find plenty of Texas gardeners on here too. My biggest recommendation for gardening in humidity is to keep an eye out for foliage diseases and make sure you have good air circulation.
Thank you for your help!

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome from Alaska as well, we know about humidity too!
in the greenhouse i run a commercial de-humidifier all season! It made a world of difference in there.
Outside we just use hoops and covers to keep things drier which doesn't fix much!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. :)

my first advice is to learn how to pace yourself to build up your tolerance for the heat and humidity in combination. out west where sweat actually dries it makes a huge difference in what is tolerable. once you've had a bad case of heat-stroke it can kill you or you may never be the same again, so please be careful... Mom had a case of that this past year and i thought she was a goner. :(

after that, yes, have fun learning and growing good things to eat.

TJOHLSSON

Leafing Out
Reaction score
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. :)

my first advice is to learn how to pace yourself to build up your tolerance for the heat and humidity in combination. out west where sweat actually dries it makes a huge difference in what is tolerable. once you've had a bad case of heat-stroke it can kill you or you may never be the same again, so please be careful... Mom had a case of that this past year and i thought she was a goner. :(

after that, yes, have fun learning and growing good things to eat.
Wow, didn’t even think about heat stroke. Thank you!

Latest posts