Home made Christmas decorations

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is really pretty, Cat! Never seen anything like it before. It is so bright and cheerful against the gray dreariness of winter. Good job!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The elderly would have a hard time if they had mobility issues. Our driveway is such that guests come through the back door. Truthfully I would not want to step through it dozens of times a day, it would just get annoying. No delivery person has ever complained. I don't mind questions!
ninnymary said:
That is AMAZING! How long does it take you to built it? Is there anything else besides the bows and lights? Has anyone ever tripped on it? Can the elderly manage it? Sorry about all the questions. :)

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was that house from your childhood in Scarsdale by any chance? Growing up a house in Scarsdale had a gaint wreath around the door evey xmas. I always assumed it was fake. Love your front porch is the scroll work original to the house?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grew up in New Britain Connecticut.] which is where that house is. The gingerbread is original to my house in the corners . The house was built around 1890. The gingerbread over the door way was added when we removed screens from the porch. I designed it from the original gingerbread and had a friend build and cut it out.
Nyboy said:
Was that house from your childhood in Scarsdale by any chance? Growing up a house in Scarsdale had a gaint wreath around the door evey xmas. I always assumed it was fake. Love your front porch is the scroll work original to the house?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Beautiful wreath! I haven't made any decorations in recent years. All I do is bake bake bake until I'm worn out. Which isn't bad, I just miss out on the Christmas projects. We will be making a few pinecone ornaments this week, but that's about it. lol