Home made Christmas decorations

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I make this wreath every year from white pine branches from my woods. When I was a little girl there was a nearby mansion that always had a giant wreath that you could walk through at the front door. I thought that was the most beautiful thing that I had ever seen. So I am inspired every year to make one for my home. It felt much heavier this year..........
7100_wredth_at_night.jpg

7100_house_with_wreath.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is absolutely beautiful Cat! I've never seen a wreath done that way, so creative!
Now you just need a bit of snow to make it perfect.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat', that is Very,

Very Pretty!

It might be something that DW would want to do. I'm always in & out of the backdoor or I'd probably be falling thru it and down the steps!

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is AMAZING! How long does it take you to built it? Is there anything else besides the bows and lights? Has anyone ever tripped on it? Can the elderly manage it? Sorry about all the questions. :)

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a big "fake" wreath, but it is small compared to that! What a beauty! That is so cool that you are making that from branches from your own property... Priceless!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, isn't it snowing down your area? we currently have about 1/2" on the ground. i know when i talked to my sister over on the western side of MA she said she was getting it too!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments. No snow-we are on the coast so we miss a lot of the good blizzards. There are poinsettia flowers within the wreath along with the bows and lights. After the branches are gathered and trimmed
and all things organized it only took about an hour to get the branches attached, a half hour to wrap it in lights and another hour to hang and primp it. I will look for a close up photo and post it. The first year I built it it took time over 4 days to build it.

7100_wreath.jpg