Homemade Christmas Gifts

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
In our family, we try to make most if not all of our gifts homemade. It takes lots of time, but the people seem happier with the gifts we poured our hearts into! Check out this quillow we made for my middle daughter!

Attachments

• IMG_20221220_172700973_HDR_640x480.jpg
    IMG_20221220_172700973_HDR_640x480.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 77

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
In our family, we try to make most if not all of our gifts homemade. It takes lots of time, but the people seem happier with the gifts we poured our hearts into! Check out this quillow we made for my middle daughter!
Quillows are great-- they can be a blanket when you are feeling chilly, and then a comfy pillow the rest of the time. I like that they are easily laundered as well.

When our kids were little I started making 'year in review' photo calendars for my husband and my folks, which we hold on to. Now we have the box full of more than twenty calendars as keepsakes. It is my hope that one day each of our kids will have a set of these, so they can look back on each year of their life. And for the first time this year I made myself a calendar too, but with no people shots-- only photos of seedlings and plants that I grew during 2022. :)

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Quillows are great-- they can be a blanket when you are feeling chilly, and then a comfy pillow the rest of the time. I like that they are easily laundered as well.

When our kids were little I started making 'year in review' photo calendars for my husband and my folks, which we hold on to. Now we have the box full of more than twenty calendars as keepsakes. It is my hope that one day each of our kids will have a set of these, so they can look back on each year of their life. And for the first time this year I made myself a calendar too, but with no people shots-- only photos of seedlings and plants that I grew during 2022. :)
I love your plant calendar idea! How fun! 😊 For many years I too would make a calendar with pics from the year and send it to my parents for Christmas. They loved them because each month had another pic of their kids and grandkids at memorable moments. I love picture gifts! This year I sent a coffee mug to my daughter with a picture of her two beloved cats on the front! (My grandcats). I think she will love it!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
This year I made everyone a gift (Or had someone else make it, if not my skill level!) Fleece blanket for youngest grandson, Wood "Wishing I was Fishing" sign for older grandson. Wallet from Turnout gear for youngest son, Fleece vest for older son, Ceramic catalpa leaf tray for husband and place mats with jar of her favorite jam for DIL. Then fill in with Gift Cards. Also baked or made everyone favorite candies and cookies. Merry Christmas everyone.

Latest posts