Honey Crisp Apple is Blooming!

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have one that I planted 5 years ago. It started producing lightly in the third year, and we got a couple bushels last year. They were delicious! Especially when I saw them in the store for $4.99 a pound.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
if i could ship a bunch to everyone i would when they are in season here! for us they aren't that expensive! usually the most i've seen them going for organically is 1.99/lb.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have one that I planted 5 years ago. It started producing lightly in the third year, and we got a couple bushels last year. They were delicious! Especially when I saw them in the store for $4.99 a pound.

They are my best friend's FAVORITE. She won't eat any other kind. I was gong to try one the last time we were out and stopped by the store... then I saw they were $3+ PER APPLE! Ouch.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are my best friend's FAVORITE. She won't eat any other kind. I was gong to try one the last time we were out and stopped by the store... then I saw they were $3+ PER APPLE! Ouch.
They are O.K. But I WILL Not spend that much for an apple. I found Pink Ladies because they where on sale for .89 one week. They where GOOD. The usual price is about 1/2 of Honey Crisp! I also like Granny Smith which are Grandson's FAVORITE apple, he won't eat anything else. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Apples in general seem high per pound for me. I think they are around $2.49-$2.99lb. I only buy a few so it's not that bad I guess. Pears and oranges are cheaper so I always get those too.

Mary

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
love Pink Lady (aka Cripps Pink). i have 5 trees in my yard i got a few years ago for about $10/tree. hoping those will show some blooms this year. still watching & waiting but i have seen some buds showing they have blooms coming on the pears & 2 of the apples in the garden itself! (mistakenly planted too close to the garden area). Pink Ladies seems to have a few fat buds that could be blossoms but i won't hold my breath just yet.

Latest posts