Honey Harvest 2017 as requested by Nyboy

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol photo cutting off wax looks like thin sheet. I once bought Bee's wax candle making kit. Very easy sheet of wax, place wick along bottom of wax, then just roll up wax like joint.
LOL Funny .... no practice with that! And caps are sticky with honey. Thick and thin, holes on places. Not the same stuff they sell for candles. I think those must be a poured or press sheet sold for that purpose.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just the caps of the comb are cut off so the honey can be spun out.
The comb in the frame is given back to the bees so they can refill it. :)
YEP and some we will melt down after bees have taken the extra honey for the bees wax. Still have not found a good use or outlet for it though.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Daddy would get honeycomb honey when I was a kid. We'd eat it and chew the comb, he was a big kid. We enjoyed sugar cane, and he would buy a coconut, poke the "eye" drain the milk, which he and I drank and then beat it with a hammer. We dug out chunks of coconut and ate them. Thanks for reminding me Mary!
My grandmother would grow a few sugar canes and I remember we would suck on those too!

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is the honey we buy. They make stuff from their wax, might give you some ideas.

http://www.rudyshoney.com/
Thanks. We have looked into candle mold but it would take a lot more wax to make candles than we get now, maybe when there are more hives. WOW Over $11 for 12 oz of honey! We are not charging enough maybe?