Honey Spiced Peaches

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I still have a small batch of peaches hanging out in the fridge...waiting for the jam recipe...:p

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yum yum yum.... can't wait for you to post the recipe!!!!!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Blood....sugar..........low..................................need.........peach................cobbler.............jam recipe......................:gig

Seriously thought I'm super excited about making some. Once that's made will have to make some homemade french vanilla ice cream to have with it. Peach cobbler sundaes!!!! :woot

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just had another crazy thought....

What about warming it up and pouring it over waffles? :drool

Come on sis #5 don't fail us now!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here it is my friends!!! :weee This is "hurt your teeth" sweet!!!

Peach Cobbler Preserves
By Diana Rattray, About.com Guide

Ingredients:
5 cups diced ripe firm peaches (8 to 12 peaches, depending on size)
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 cups granulated sugar, divided
1 scant teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
1 pouch liquid fruit pectin
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Preparation:
In a large deep kettle, combine the peaches with the lemon juice and 2 cups of the sugar; cover and let stand for 1 hour.

Fill a canner about half-full with water; add the empty canning jars and bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat to low to keep jars hot. Bring a saucepan of water just to a boil; reduce heat to low and add the jar lids. Do not boil the lids.

To the peaches add the remaining sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter, if using. Heat uncovered over medium heat, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

Increase the heat to medium-high. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. Add the pectin and bring once again to a full rolling boil. Boil for exactly 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and skim excess foam from the mixture. Stir in vanilla and let the fruit mixture cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Using tongs, carefully remove jars from the hot water, draining well. Fill them with hot fruit mixture, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims clean with a dampened cloth or paper towel and fit seals on tops of jars. Screw on the lids firmly. Lower the jars into the water and add more very hot or boiling water so the water is 1 to 2 inches above the jars. Bring to a boil. Cover and boil gently for 10 minutes. Remove jars from the hot water and let cool on a rack. Do not invert the hot jars.

Makes about 5 half-pint (8-ounce) jars.

Note: If using 1-pint (16-ounce) jars, process/boil the full jars for 15 minutes.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yum-o I have just enough peaches left to try this recipe. Thank You. One question, I have a box of sure jell powder. Would that work?

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Carol Dee said:
Yum-o I have just enough peaches left to try this recipe. Thank You. One question, I have a box of sure jell powder. Would that work?
Carol, yes I believe it will work. I'd ask Vfem though, as she will know better than I!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Holy Cow!!! 4 cups of sugar to 5 cups of peaches...:th I'm going to try it anyway :D

Latest posts