Honeyberries

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Anyone grown them? Or eaten them?

i've not heard of them before:

"Edible Blue Honeysuckle" s an accurate way to refer to the species in general!"

sounds like there is a great deal of variety within the family so you may have to do some searching and tasting to find plants you find the best tasting.

cold enough hardy, might grow ok in clay, birds and deer like them. sounds perfect for here...

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've talked bout them before Seed. You even posted on this thread. That's OK, I won't tell @baymule or @majorcatfish

There is a chance you may be far enough north to try them. But then, maybe not.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You expect me to remember threads from 3 years ago? I’m lucky if I remember where I left my wallet the night before....

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Anyone grown them? Or eaten them?
Some honeyberry varieties produce fruits that look and taste like blueberries. ... Like many ornamental honeysuckles, honeyberry bushes are widely adapted, have few pests, and are easy to grow. But unlike most honeysuckles, honeyberries produce small, elongated, blue fruits that taste like blueberries.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've talked bout them before Seed. You even posted on this thread. That's OK, I won't tell @baymule or @majorcatfish

There is a chance you may be far enough north to try them. But then, maybe not.

since i'm in the gardening capital of the east just might try, since goji berry's were a waste of time.....

@YourRabbitGirl since it sounds like you have experience in growing them can you give some advice?

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
a cool weather plant in Texas... nah, i wouldn't expect miracles from that...
We can't really tell, you see, there are a lot of strategies that we can do about it. maybe they have resources on how they will do that... let's see some more.. hahaha

Latest posts