HoneySuckle All Year Round

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just pulled the can out of the bath, gorgeous color!!!

I put some in a spoon in the freezer to get it to cool and set so I can try it... AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!

Lightly flavored, very sweet but when you close your eyes is honeysuckle all the way!!!!!!! ;)

That was a lot of time for 4 8oz jars though. :/ So may I suggest doubling the recipe, but don't go over 7 cups of sugar. ;)

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You MUST know that i am counting vines in my head trying to figure out if i can pull this off with the honeysuckle around here. How many flowers would you say you picked?

What a wonderful thing to have to give as gifts!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
PunkinPeep said:
You MUST know that i am counting vines in my head trying to figure out if i can pull this off with the honeysuckle around here. How many flowers would you say you picked?

What a wonderful thing to have to give as gifts!
I had so many, I have NO idea! Serious, I did about 2 1/2 cups in my version rather then 2 cups. But only did 2 cups of water.

Seriously, I got a ton of blooms ready to open tomorrow and I'm thinking of doing another batch. I need to sell these, we're in a bit of a spot and my cookies don't sell well this time of year, but I sell out of jelly quick!!!!

Good luck!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so going to try this. Thanks for the recipe!

I've seen somewhere someone had made sparkling jelly. It had bubbles in it, like from something fizzy. I am not sure how it is done, but I bet this would be great. How would you describe the color once it is finished? (Or pics when you get time, pretty please!) :D

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

Try it with elder-flowers too, adding lemon juice too. :D You could maybe do a special line of delicate flower jellies......?? Yummy.....!! :happy_flower

At the moment I am steeping black-currant leaves to use the strained liquid in a sorbet. It is a very old English tradition, that you hardly ever see nowadays.

:rose Hattie :rose

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:

Try it with elder-flowers too, adding lemon juice too. :D You could maybe do a special line of delicate flower jellies......?? Yummy.....!! :happy_flower

At the moment I am steeping black-currant leaves to use the strained liquid in a sorbet. It is a very old English tradition, that you hardly ever see nowadays.

:rose Hattie :rose
Ooooh, we don't have any currents growing here now... but something to keep in mind for someday :)

I think next I am doing dandolion... but I can concerned with flowers?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's a picture!
14084_honeysuckle_jelly1.jpg

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is a pretty jelly!! Thanks for the photos!!

I wonder if you could make honeysuckle ice cream? I was talking to my neighbor and we were thinking you could make jelly from any number of herbs. I am thinking of putting maybe one or two "perfect" honeysuckle flowers in each of the jars of jelly I make. I think that would look pretty.

Hopefully on Monday I will be up to my elbows in jelly making!!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
rebbetzin said:

I wonder if you could make honeysuckle ice cream? I was talking to my neighbor and we were thinking you could make jelly from any number of herbs. I am thinking of putting maybe one or two "perfect" honeysuckle flowers in each of the jars of jelly I make. I think that would look pretty.

Apple Jelly with rosemary is a wonderful thing; both wth meat or on toast or scones. I think it looks perfect with a few of it's beautiful blue flowers suspended in it. My huge plants are in bloom right now.........!! :happy_flower

:D Hattie :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
rebbetzin said:

Apple Jelly with rosemary is a wonderful thing; both wth meat or on toast or scones. I think it looks perfect with a few of it's beautiful blue flowers suspended in it. My huge plants are in bloom right now.........!! :happy_flower

:D Hattie :D
Oh that would be so pretty!!!! Might have to think about that... though I am trying to make ALL my jellies from my yard only if I can. And my apples won't be producing it looks like this year :(

Here's my strawberries done though!

14084_strawberry_jam1.jpg

Latest posts