Honoring Healthful Food, the People who guide us to it

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know much about cooking but sometimes an effort really deserves recognition :).

The International Association of Culinary Professionals gave its People's Choice award to "The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery" cookbook, by Rebecca Katz and Mat Edelson.

I know that a lot of us love to garden but, isn't this a LOT of what-it-is-all-about. Maybe not so much dealing with treatment and recovery but avoiding health problems to begin with :).

Rebecca Katz' recipes look great but, especially, check out her "culinary Rx" page. Eat this stuff !

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you, Steve! I really do try to garden to healthy, so the cooking aspect is important to me. I'm always coming up with recipes based on what I grow, and I always enjoy finding healthy recipes that use what I grow too. I will definitely look through and see what I would like to try.

I can tell you, since I started gardening... I feel and look healthier... though I just can't seem to shake these viruses this past couple of seasons! :( Maybe I need to up my Vitamin C intake!? :rolleyes:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think we all need encouragement to DO things, Vfem. We've gotten so much of the DON'T's.

Some folks say I CAN'T eat all that! Ha!! Eat it . . . then find out how much room you've got for the other not-so-healthy choices!

Eat it :D!

What was that silly tweet this morning: "Man at the Top of the Food Chain Chooses Bugles" . . ? You gotta be kidding !

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
What was that silly tweet this morning: "Man at the Top of the Food Chain Chooses Bugles" . . ? You gotta be kidding !

Steve
LMAO! That is great!!!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow- thanks for that! Bookmarked that one! I really wasn't all that interested in cooking- but gardening has really led me there. It is such a joy, to harvest beautiful veggies from my own garden and create something delicious and nutritious!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :happy_flower :frow

Steve,

That is a great site & the information it contains is very important to us all.

Thanks for reminding us how important it is to eat all these things, not just grow them.......!!! :D I say this because I have a friend who grows a lot of great veg etc but eats very few of them herself, she says she is too tired to cook after a busy day in the garden; she just gets a ready-meal out of her freezer...........!!! :idunno :smack :hu
She does, however, hand her harvest over to friends..........!! So it does do some good but not too her..... :hit

:rose Hattie :rose

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here are the DON'T's.

Anyone want the DON'T's?

They slapped us on the head with more of them this morning even tho' we know it, know it, know it:

What a Bad Lifestyle Does to Your Life Span

. . . pick your news source, search for the terms: "United Kingdom, unhealthy behaviors" It is all over the news this morning. If they'd included "gambling" in the list, it would have hurt the feelings of 3/4th of the population . . .

Steve