Hoping For a Good Outcome **Updated**

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you dear for the update!
I wish you guys all the luck and share all my love to you!
So we have the Ole' man hooked to, that is cool!

Wishingyouwell.jpg

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the well-wishes.

Ashley is in good spirits and very tired of hanging out. So are we! But now we are playing the waiting game :caf . The neurosurgeon had a procedure already scheduled for first thing this morning then it will be Ashley's turn. They will be in at 9:30 to give her a preliminary antibiotic then if everything goes well with the procedure the DR is already doing, they should come for Ashley around 11-11:30. Then we get to wait all over again until someone comes tothe surgery waiting area to let us know how she is doing. :/

Right now the hardest part is no letting her eat or drink. She hasn't had anything since yesterday morning :(

Anyway, I will let ya'll know how things go and am crossing my fingers they will let her go home tomorrow (which they *should* if her surgery is easy enough).

Joe, I plan on sneaking out sometime tonight and "checking out" some of the plants ;) There are many colors of hibiscus.... :D

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, surgery took F-O-R-E-V-E-R! Actually, the WAITING took forever. They took us down to induction (like a holding area right before surgery). We were there for 3 HOURS! Oh well, the surgery went without a hitch and the neurosurgeon was quite pleased we had caught it so quickly. It was just a break in the tube at the valve like they thought so he replaced the valve and tubing but didn't have to operate on her head.

She has a couple new scars but we're just happy she has another lease on life. The DR is saying possibly home tomorrow or Thursday. :)

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm so glad to hear it has gone well! It's funny how with the internet now ya can go to bed worrying about people thousands of miles away that you'll never even meet :p

Now go do something fun and relax :)

Pat

tryingtohaveitall

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I just now saw your post. I'm very thankful with you that all is going well and will pray for a speedy recovery. Our oldest has a complicated form of hydrocephalus as well, so I truly feel your pain. Hugs to you and her!

Latest posts