Hot Poop!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
That just struck me as funny and conjured up an image of an impatient gardener holding a bucket under a cow's tail. :lol:
I saw an Amish farrier (Very popular, hard to get an appointment with) do just that with a shovel working on my horses. He didn't want to clean up the clean floor twice.
I did it recently when I had Just cleaned up the stall and the first thing my gelding did was raise his tail, so I raised my shovel and caught it all.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I give my chicken poop to a neighbor farmer. By spring he must have tons and tons out in one field. Each year he has me put it in a different field. Now, mind you, It sits for a few months..but....It still would be officially HOT when he spreads it....It is allot but is mixed with pine chips....I have used it in my gardens and is wonderful...So our farmer has planted corn or orchard grass and he swears that whatever he grows gets considerable taller where I have spread my poop...

I love it....

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I keep a plastic tote with about 6" of sawdust in it sitting just behind Eva's heels when I'm milking. If she raises her tail - I reach over and tuck that tote right up against her legs to catch it and go back to milking. No 'splatter' / no mess.
Still stinks though.

Latest posts