How big is your garden?

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I went out and stepped out the garden beds. i should have 1000 sq ft plus 120 sp ft for my garlic/onion beds and then I have about another 20 sq ft for herbs. So like 1140 sq ft +/- .

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
HunkieDorie23 said:
Detlor Poultry said:
Our gardens are huge! About 2 acres of vegetable area, and my flower garden is a large circle, sloping up to the centre. When everything fills out in the mid-summer, it looks like a giant bush!
Ok I am impressed and a little envious.:tools
Most of the veggies are Squashes, Watermelons, etc. Space-hoggers. It's amazing to say there are only 12 plants in a whole acre, but by autumn, it's true!

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Before I grew Winter squash, I never knew there was a garden plant that can out-compete pigweeds and milkweeds. Watermelon doesn't put up so much of a fight, and in order to have a vine grow, it needs a clear area. Squash just starts off in a direction and clambers over anything in it's way!

Lesa: I don't have any pictures of the whole garden, so that'll have to wait for this fall.

By the way, I mis-judged the area. It's only actually about 1 acre. 1/2 an acre for the vines.

r4eboxer

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
One Garden is 50' x 150', the other is quite large but I don't know the exact size but I do have pics. I also have 2 raised beds 4' x 8 ft for carrots. I'm hoping to add a raised herb bed of 4' x 50' if I can find some blocks at a reasonalbe price if not they are going in the ground.

This is the large garden right at planting time. Those are my apple trees and beyond them you can see the ground that has been tilled and 'filled'
8863_new_image.jpg

This is a few weeks later half the large garden is shown, hubby is having a well derserved drink. teehee
8863_half_large_garden_1.jpg

part of the smaller 50x150 garden
8863_corn_potatoes.jpg

My raised bed with a guest for dinner
8863_mr_mcgregors.jpg

8863_carrot_raised_bed.jpg

Better view of small garden
8863_small_garden.jpg

Cannot wait to get muddy fingers again!!

Forgot the Strawberry Patch
I imagine it is maybe 20 x 15? Never measured. Currently it is being worked by my pullets and ducks

8863_strawberry_patch.jpg

Latest posts