How big is your garden?

carugoman

Sprout
Reaction score
After 7 yrs living in a FEMA trailer-due to a hurricane destroying my house...we bought a farm 18 months ago. We've just added 16 acres to bring us to 43 acres m.o.l. There's 12 acres of tilth,8 acres citrus orchard,5 acres fruit orchard,4 acres of house and out buildings and the rest is my "wald." The "wald" is the forest;there's all sorts of things growing there. Well thats about it?

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Like Miss Prissy, we have more than one. The main one, though, is 250' X 150'. That's for vegetables, fruits such as melons, flowers, etc.

Connected to it are some miniature fruit trees, with the wild and old trees outside of the fenced area.

It's a 10 year flood plane....good for fertility, bad for buildings, so we haven't any there. I also have a "kitchen garden" up by the house, as the big garden is not very close by. It's just a couple of small plots.

We have the big garden in 20' X 4' biointensive beds which we plant on centers. That means no weeding issues, because the plants shade them out in no time.

While most is sandy loam, the top strip is pretty harsh, with hard soil and marsh grass, so it's a work in progress, always. :)

Latest posts