How Do Conversations Work? Are they private or group?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
How do "Conversations" work?

That "others" may be invited to join in the conversation, has me confused. Is this like a chat room?

Or, are they really private messages between members? In other words, If I send MemberX a note about celebrating an upcoming Klingon holiday - are other TEG folks gonna know that or just the NSA?

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same as your old inbox, mostly...conversations between you and only specific people. Could be one person, or multiple.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Steve, I moved this great question to its own thread.

"Conversations" are what is replacing Private Messages, but for the most part they are the same. The big difference is that here you can add other people to a conversation (if you want) and they can add other people (if you want) to the same conversation. It's basically an upgraded private message.

They are just as "private" as previous messages were, but easier to use and share.

So, if you start a private conversation with me about the QI'lop (a holiday which comes in the tenth Klingon month), as the conversation starter you have the following options:

upload_2013-12-13_19-21-31.png

If you check the "Allow anyone" boxe, I could then invite others to celebrate this momentous holiday with us.

Also note: There isn't a "delete conversation" feature because you can "leave" a conversation at any time, which is basically the same as deleting the conversation on your side, but it remains in the inboxes of any others involved.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just clicked . .

. Start a Conversation . .

People are gathering as we speak. Frivolity, Frivolity, Frivolity. Pitiful.

Steve

Latest posts