How Do Woman Handle It ?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, guys and gals! I've been going through the checks that paid for him today. Since the hospital didn't assess a service fee or interest at that time, we made monthly installments for over 16 years. I've got the records.

Laugh if you will, but it wasn't funny at the time.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Eight days in the hospital for the last one.

I had saved money because DW had a "preexisting condition." Yes, she was pregnant by the time I went full-time at that job. I could in no way afford COBRA insurance while I moved from one job to another with several months at part-time!! I'd talked with both the MD's office and the hospital about the expected costs.

I did have savings and added to it regularly despite a high-risk pregnancy from about 4 months on. I had what we were told we should have. Eight days after the 9 months ~ the $ was all, 100+++% gone.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I could have saved you some money. I was there less than one full day. Since they wouldn't let me take my son home*, I left as soon as I could get the papers signed. I hate being in the hospital! No risky conditions for me. A Viennese physician once told me (with a snide sneer) that I wasn't like those "American" women and I would have no problems delivering. Nope! My biggest problem was how to keep the student nurse -- who wanted to attend me and my every need at this difficult time -- from complaining when I asked her to play cards while we 'waited'.
*No, it wasn't the hospital bill that kept him there. He was born a bit jaundiced and stayed 3 days under a blue light. I spent most of the time attending to him, but as a visitor, not as a patient.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Grandma and I finally decided that we should be okay taking the newborn home. I mean, it might be a little easier taking care of ONE instead of TWO !

Nope, the hospital was not in favor. It did seem odd to leave the Mom and take the baby.

The hospital bill alone was 300% more than I'd saved, in total. The MD had already been paid before the baby arrived.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well,

I have never thought of it that way.

Helping those we can help is part and parcel to being human.

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, guys and gals! I've been going through the checks that paid for him today. Since the hospital didn't assess a service fee or interest at that time, we made monthly installments for over 16 years. I've got the records.

Laugh if you will, but it wasn't funny at the time.
Did hospital ever threaten to repossess?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
..... and once again I am grateful that all of my kids have been born in a cardboard box that was tucked into some quiet corner... except for the horses, of course... they had much bigger 'boxes'...
sEm_blush7.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW makes a mess in the bathroom with some product or another - "covering the grey." I'm not using it!

Meanwhile, DW is obsessive about cleaning up after Garbanzo & Waffles, DD's dogs. They spent the weekend while DD was out of town.

Not only were floors vacuumed, mopped and their bedding washed - I now have to get my new bathrobe in the washer because I sat with them in the LazyBoy! And, ya know what - I had to give both of them a bath while they were here!

I've got standards, too! And, if you don't like those, I've got others ...

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve thats how small lap dogs came to be. Long before central heat , a small dog would sit in your lap, keeping you warm with their body heat. A dogs body tempture is higher then ours.