How Do You Heat Your Greenhouse?

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, guys, Whatever you use for a heat source, if you have valuable things in it , you need to invest in a Sensaphone like thing. They are expensive but well worth it. My greenhouse calls me at my house, then my cell and then my hubby's cell, if the temp goes too low or too high or if there is loud noise...

Mine has paid for itself over and over again. I am about 2 and half hours SW of you Nyboy. We have much the same weather. I hear my greenhouse in 2 ways at the moment. I have a monitor kerosene heater and a few propane eye heaters for emergency. I will be putting in a third and new main source, a pellet stove. It really all depends on how large your greenhouse is and what it is made of and of course where you live. Also if you have expensive things in it... LOL

I have a 14x26 all glass greenhouse. I cover it with 2 layers of plastic for the winter and until this coming winter have use the monitor for the main heat source. It has worked well for almost 30 years now.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
greenhouse.jpg

greenhouse1.jpg

There ya go. Day and night.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The day one is in the first location we had it in. I will find my new location picture.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No this is for pure pleasure for over 30 years now.....It is very full of lots of junk.
0723141409a.jpg

inside greenhouse.jpg

This year it is out of control. As you can see allot of these things should have been taken outside for the summer but that didn't happen this year. Usually when everything gets outside I will go in and really clean the inside. Pulling all wees in back corners and raking all the gravel to level it out.

Latest posts