How is everyone's fruit trees doing this year so far?

newchickmom09

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I just found this website I am mostly a BYC addict but I guess not any more. :D

I was wondering how everyones fruit trees are doing this year?

We have a DWARF apricot tree that has just taken off and got huge with huge fruit on it this year. This tree is just over 30 years old and this year has been its best in about 10 years. I think I can say that there is no better fertilizer then our ducks pond and the chicken coop being right under the tree. Here are some pics of fruit that we picked ONE day and this is from about a 5th of the tree only as high as I could reach.
100_2975.jpg

Most of the branches were loaded like this. There were 18 apricots just in these two bundles on this branch!
100_3003.jpg

Oh and I just love all of these smilies! :coolsun

sonjab314

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Those look delicious :drool . I only have a peach tree that I planted last year. It has two peaches on it which is two more than I thought it would have this year lol

newchickmom09

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We ahve a small peach tree also that we planted last year. It is about 4 feet tall and had about 20 fruit on it at the beginning. Well once the fruit got about an inch around my 3 year old went on a picking spree and picked all but three peaches. I found the fruit with teeth marks in everyone. He told me he was trying to find a good one. :rolleyes:

They don't seem to grow very fast. :/

sonjab314

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That sounds like something my kids would have said lol. They say the darndest things. P.S. There are a lot of BYC addicts here including me!!

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My mom's house (I live here): all the apple trees are healthy but no/little fruit.

My dad's: All the apples trees are healthy but no/little fruit, pears are healthy with lots of fruit, and the peach tree is doing horrible no fruit and only a few yellow leaves.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
All our trees were doing wonderfully! Except that we planted 9 trees total in the last 3 year. We had one peach tree loaded down with fruits this year.... then these heavy winds swept in and blew all the fruit off and all over before they were ripe, so no peaches :(

We have 2 pear trees, one asian pear and a Anjou pear. Off both tree we have 1 pear on the asian. We'll see how they turn out. We have 4 apple trees that were our first planting, and we got no blooms yet.

The leaves are all starting to yellow out there... so I'm going to give everyone a nice deep watering.

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Nice apricots.

My apricot tree - nothing

2 apple trees - 1 tree has some fruit, but hit with what looks like rust the other tree nothing

2 pears trees - 1 has a fair amount of fruit, not overloaded and the other only one or two

Cherry trees - no cross for the bing so nothing

2 peach trees - 1 had 2 peaches that the kids ate and begged for more and the other is pretty loaded

My trees have been in no more than 5 years and we didn't do any spraying to protect the fruit.

The foreclosed house next door has a pear and peach that are soooooo weighted down with fruit. I'm watching and waiting for it to ripen so we can go a pickin'.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I fuji semi-dwarf apple tree that was purchased last year but stayed in can. This year I finally removed a tree to make room for the apple. So I guess it's about 2 yrs. old. It has 3 baby apples!

Mary

Latest posts