How is the weather?

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
So we complained and complained about the heat last week, and we should have because it was HOT!!!!
But now it has been cold and rainy for the last few days here.I mean back to wearing coats and closed toe shoes. I am a barefoot gardener(flip flops at the most) and that ain't happening this week. The vegetable gardens look fantastic though from all the sun and now the rain. It cooled off enough to that nothing had a chance to fry in the sun.
So, how is the weather where you are?

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, being so far away from you :) the weather is just like yours! I love it, though. I can't wait for the rain. We had so little on Saturday night into Sunday (at least here in Hanson), we really need a good dousing. Up in Maine we had about two inches over the same period!

That little showere that just went through wasn't enough to even register on my rain gauge. But that's a good thing, I got the whole lawn mowed before it really gets going (boy, do I hope it does!!)

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Like early September, only a lot more pop-up thunderstorms.

The garden is loving it. The mosquitoes are loving it also. Othewise the gardener would be loving it as well :p

All of a sudden (courtesy of last week's heatwave) I have volunteer tomato seedlings popping up EVERYWHERE in the garden (incl some in flowerbeds, go figure). By 'everywhere' I mean it looks like I am trying to grow some sort of living mulch :p THis is the first time in 5 years here i've had this happen. I attribute it to last winter being so ideal for plants -- early, deep and total snow cover all winter, with the couple of thaws followed by snow *before* the temps really dropped again.

I am regretting the effort I put into locating a source for Early Girl seeds, though. I have about four thousand of them out there now, I figure. Ah well, it's always something :p

Pat

Texas Fluffy Feet

Leafing Out
Reaction score
We are finally getting a rain shower! It has already been skirting the triple digits here for weeks and not a drop of rain. While this is common for later in the summer, it was not nice for the first half of June. When it's that hot I have to get up before the chickens every day and go out and water and do it after the sun goes down too, otherwise the plants boil in the sun and rot.

Now with the rain it will only get to the low 90's today and I don't have to water! :happy_flower

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It was 88 degrees yesterday and that felt like a relief! It's been so hot here you don't want to go outside. I've been doing my gardening in the evenings after work and had to get a hat with a terry-cloth sweatband in it so I could see.

I expect we'll be getting a lot more of the same.

Cassandra

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Not been to bad here lately but it is VERY dry. It did just start to sprinkle about ten minutes ago. I will give it about 5 hours to quit sprinkling.

silkieboxerluv

Leafing Out
Reaction score
We had a nasty heat wave last weekish with high humidity and now its coooooold-65 degrees here in Willis Michigan. My garden is loving it though. It does make cleaning the yard up alot more tollerable.:p

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've had 70s in the day, 40s-50s at night, scattered showers.....absolutely beautiful skies, no humidity. It has rained a short shower nearly every day this week...just enough to water the garden. Then the sun comes out and everything sparkles! My tomatoes are fruiting, my onions are enormous and I'm setting yellow squash....even in these cooler temps. And the corn needs hoein'.... :) No bugs and no flies! :weee Everything is growing and lush!!

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
we were 97 yesterday and will hit or top 100 today everything is looking great.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Its been sunny and cool, here in my part of New England anyway, not cold but not hot. We had some quick rain showers off and on for a few days and the gardens look great. We had the heatwave first and then rain and now in my opinion perfect whether. Everything is growing so well.

Latest posts