How is your garden doing so far?

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry, just had to post one more photo. My husband just finished this. I'm a bit overwhelmed, looking at all that beautiful dirt.
5763_020.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wow Kate... gorgeous dirt and a beautiful view as well!!!!!!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
curly_kate, I'm green with envy at your new space, it's huge. What are you planning to plant?
I'm very interested in the huge quantities you all grow over there in the US. Do you all have vast families & do you preserve a lot of it for winter? Over here it is nearly always the men who grow the veggies and the women who grow the flowers-- people are surprised that I have always grown both & built my own chicken coop. All the men in my life have been hopeless at practical things (except my brother & father, who taught me).

Good Luck with your sowing & planting! :tools I look forward to seeing photos as you go along.
:rose Hattie :rose

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
curly_kate, I'm green with envy at your new space, it's huge. What are you planning to plant?
I'm very interested in the huge quantities you all grow over there in the US. Do you all have vast families & do you preserve a lot of it for winter? Over here it is nearly always the men who grow the veggies and the women who grow the flowers-- people are surprised that I have always grown both & built my own chicken coop. All the men in my life have been hopeless at practical things (except my brother & father, who taught me).

Good Luck with your sowing & planting! :tools I look forward to seeing photos as you go along.
:rose Hattie :rose
Tomatoes, peppers, limas, green beans, melons, pumpkins, onions, cukes, zukes, corn (LOTS of corn!!!). We also got these nice deep tubs from our neighbor (they used to contain a feed supplement) that we're going to cut the bottoms from, put out on the beds, and grow potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and sweet potatoes in them.

I can some stuff, freeze other stuff, and dry stuff, too. I also give a LOT of it away. :D

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am in search of someone that can teach my plants how to swim? That or someone that can explain to me how to start growing rice.:barnie

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Here's my romaine and red sail lettuce and broccoli to the right. Only a couple more weeks until tomatoe time.:D

6234_100_0926.jpg
[/img]

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Everyone else's gardens seem to be coming along nicely , too. Except poor wifezilla who is busy making snowmen.:) Keep posting updates. I love seeing what everyone else is up to in the garden!