How is your garden doing so far?

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score

And HAPPY EASTER Everyone

yesterday I planted the rest of our onions, some brocolli, and brussel sprouts, Sun was shinning and it was nice so we had a few flats of tomatoes outside too. :coolsun

Today is overcast and cooler, but I am still going to put some lettuce and swiss chard seeds out, then keep my fingers crossed that it does rain tonight, :fl 60% chance and 40 % tomorrow then a couple of days sun is scheduled. :coolsun sure hope it works that way.
Well going back out to plant seeds, then to the greenhouse for more transplanting. :tools

:happy_flower Karan :D

dbjay417

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've started harvesting green bell peppers and the burpless cucumbers.

I did not know that cucumbers would develop so fast. It took about a week and a half from the first female flower to the first fullsized fruit! Since them i've harvested 6 more! Funny thing is, i never enjoyed cukes in salad or for any other purpose. maybe its because its from the garden or maybe its the variety, but i find them to actually to have the texture of a watermelon, its quite enjoyable. I was expecting it to take forever like the bell peppers and the tomatoes. It was a pleasant surprise.

I've transplanted watermelon to ground, and I started corn.

My black beauty eggplants are flowering.

One of my potato plants failed to produce flowers with the others, and has taken to wilting badly in the day, but its no more or less exposed than the others, and they all receive a generous watering twice a day.

My first pumpkin is about the size of a baseball now, and more female flower buds are popping up.

What I believe to be known as squash peppers have begun to develop.

There are tomato flowers and tomatoes everywhere, some are finally reaching maturity.

so much going on its hard to detail it all. I've been laid up for most of the last two days with a nasty lingering headache.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Mine is going great! I've got about 32 potato plants going, about 100 onions, a bunch of turnips, beets, lettuce, peas, broccoli, radishes, spinach and carrots going. They're all getting pulled soon though, minus the onions, carrots and potatoes in preperation for my warmer weather crops. My broccoli is bolting anyways. I've already got 5 tomatoes in the ground and I planted 4 hills of squash and zuchinni on Good Friday. Other than that, its going pretty slow. I cant wait to get my beans, corn, peppers, etc in the ground!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's some of the spinach! I had already got a bag in the fridge. I was washing what I was cooking, and it didn't factor in what I picked and made for dinner the night before (or what I gave my neighbors)

spinach.jpg

10lbs.... I'm so proud. I actually think of my gardening as a success after this. It feels good to actually manage something after all the hard work. I didn't kill it. Now I won't feel so bad when other things will eventually die (the 9 tomato plants I already disfigured and killed accidentally)!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ooooo, that's pretty spinach!

I wasn't going to have anything to say but Vfem's success has drawn me in . . .

I put a thermometer down 4" in the warmest bed in my garden a day or 2 ago. The thermometer showed right at 40F. It has rained almost constantly ever since.

I'm discouraged since we are moving into the middle of April. But, I suppose my warmest beds are really the 2 under the plastic tunnel. They are half-way planted to Asian veggies - both direct-seeded and tiny transplants. It's kind of cold in there but not too bad. It's gotta be warmer than 40, anyway.

I'll have more to say on this thread in a few weeks. I'm just certain!

Steve

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
dbjay417 said:
I've started harvesting green bell peppers and the burpless cucumbers.

I did not know that cucumbers would develop so fast. It took about a week and a half from the first female flower to the first fullsized fruit! Since them i've harvested 6 more! Funny thing is, i never enjoyed cukes in salad or for any other purpose. maybe its because its from the garden or maybe its the variety, but i find them to actually to have the texture of a watermelon, its quite enjoyable. I was expecting it to take forever like the bell peppers and the tomatoes. It was a pleasant surprise.

I've transplanted watermelon to ground, and I started corn.

My black beauty eggplants are flowering.

One of my potato plants failed to produce flowers with the others, and has taken to wilting badly in the day, but its no more or less exposed than the others, and they all receive a generous watering twice a day.

My first pumpkin is about the size of a baseball now, and more female flower buds are popping up.

What I believe to be known as squash peppers have begun to develop.

There are tomato flowers and tomatoes everywhere, some are finally reaching maturity.

so much going on its hard to detail it all. I've been laid up for most of the last two days with a nasty lingering headache.
:th Where do you live? It was around freezing last night here. I am so tired of cold!

sheps4her

Leafing Out
Reaction score
My garden is coming along well I think...Here is the garden...
PHTO0017.jpg

Here are some of the beds that have things coming up....
Strawberries:
PHTO0012.jpg

Potatos:
PHTO0013-1.jpg

misc. veggies:
PHTO0011-1.jpg

PHTO0014.jpg

PHTO0015-1.jpg

PHTO0016.jpg

And our first harvest: Radishes!

PHTO0003-1.jpg