How is your garden doing so far?

headred

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Those of you in cold weather, I feel your pain! I started all my seeds in Jan. just to get the fever out! This weekend I planted all my tomatoes and they are beautiful since we've already had some nice rain. Spinach, potatoes, chard, onions, lettuce, all about 2" tall. Can't wait to start eating!

Big Red Hen

Leafing Out
Reaction score
jlmann said:
Mine is looking ok. I can't wait until May so I can plant something besides cool weather stuff. My onions are out of control! Anyway, just a survey of sorts. I'd like to see what some others have growing so I thought I'd start.[url]http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6234_100_0909.jpg[/url]
Your onions look GREAT! I wish mine looked like that. I planted mine 1st and 2nd week in March. :watering

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Your onions look GREAT! I wish mine looked like that. I planted mine 1st and 2nd week in March.
Thank you Big Red Hen! I planted those last September and let them overwinter. We've been eating them the last couple of weeks (yum) just to thin them out a little so we'll have big ones later this summer.

Big Red Hen and all the rest of you guys post some updates and let us know how your gardens are doing. It's always nice to see how others do things in the garden and to see everyone's progress with their veggies! I'll try to get some new pics of my stuff to post sometime this week! Happy gardening everyone!!!:ya :tools

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Everyone is making me so jealous... everything looks so delicious. My spinach and radishes are all gone now... they were sooooooooooo yummy though.... but gone!!! :hit

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
OK here's my update, 5 or 6 pictures.

Onions
6234_onions.jpg
[/img]

Peas
6234_peas.jpg
[/img]

Lettuce
6234_lettuce.jpg
[/img]

Elephant garlic - my first try with garlic.
6234_garlic.jpg
[/img]

Brussel sprouts
6234_brussels.jpg
[/img]

My row of kale & onions
6234_kale.jpg
[/img]

I hope everyone else is enjoying Spring and all the veggies they have growing - I know I sure am!!! Only about two more weeks till I can plant tomatoes and peppers I can't wait! Post some updates on your garden progress guys!

Happy gardening!:bee

dbjay417

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
my garden is suffering something horrible.

I went down the local Extension Office and found out that half of the things I have planted are "out of season".

Since we have no frost, and 4 perfectly good growing seasons in which the only things that change are the amount of daylight, rainfall, and humidity, I should be planting tomatoes, potatoes, and cucumbers in the fall. Spring and early summer are better for peppers, squash, corn, and eggplant.

Its fun relearning everything you thought you knew about agriculture, i promise.

It hasn't stopped me from harvesting my first pumpkin, 3 or 4 dozen cucumbers, a LOT of tomatoes, and yesterday, my first two eggplants. I've committed a portion of my yard to a crop of 15 cassava plants that require a full year for growth.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow guys! Total growth coming from every direction.

I've got some strawberries forming, some blooms on one tomato plant, I have corn planted and started to pop up. My peas are going CRAZY, my potatoes have gotten too high to cover anymore, I have cantalope vines in the ground.... they are replacing the 2 cucumbers that died. I restarted my cucumber, but they aren't going in until I harvest my carrots which still seem to be growing so slow?!?!

I did take some photos... I need to upload those. :lol:

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
bodyflight said:
OH.. and of course.. my 3 improvised home made topsey turvey bags hanging off the front of a coop:
I love the homemade topsey turvey's. I also like your strawberry beds. I need to do something different with mine. I also am hoping to put in some cold frames, I am looking for some good designs so please keep posting the pics.

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Looks good vfem! I wish I could get all fancy with raised beds and stuff , but my garden is big enough that it would cost a fortune. I might do a small one up here close to the house for herbs eventually.

It will be really cool to see how everybody's garden looks in a month or two since we'll have these "baby" pictures as a reference.

Latest posts