How rude can people be?

frontiergirl53

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oops, sorry there is a typo in there. *One night, around 2 months after we left our old house, we went on a trip. She got riled by the other dog and would bark occasionally till, oh, around 10:00. 20 ft. from her daughters window. (I know this because they left a note on our door.) Then, THEY CALLED THE COPS!* Sorry, stupid copy and paste! I think that I might share some carrots and the cookies that I plan to bake next week :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do think you should have brought the dog in if she was barking by their window that late. It may have kept the little girl awake past her bedtime.

Probably the best thing you could do is take over a plate of cookies and say hey I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot, can we start over!

Sometimes people are bothered by things we would have never imagined to be a problem because it is something that wouldn't have bothered us. You might wait on the chickens until you can establish a better relationship with them and then your odds will be better when you ask for their approval. Good luck! :hugs

ETA: Oh, I see now you weren't home that night.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
What you might want to try is getting the other girl involued with the chickens. You have coop in your yard, you get half the birds she gets half the birds. If they are half her chickens her parents willn't report them. Just be prepared to do all the work, spend all the money and have her take half the eggs.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
What you might want to try is getting the other girl involued with the chickens. You have coop in your yard, you get half the birds she gets half the birds. If they are half her chickens her parents willn't report them. Just be prepared to do all the work, spend all the money and have her take half the eggs.
Nice idea NYboy. Perhaps a friendship came out out of this. Who would not flip over baby chicks? Maybe she has some good qualities. We all makes fools of ourselves now and again.

CanadianLori

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Nice idea NYboy. Perhaps a friendship came out out of this. Who would not flip over baby chicks? Maybe she has some good qualities. We all makes fools of ourselves now and again.
I disagree. This is toxic. Repair the relationship to the point of live and let live.

you will never share the same values/lifestyle.

be nice, then just stand back, wave and smile.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just find someone who will sell you eggs handled way you want. No drama, no problems. It's just eggs. Do you really want this drama?

I agree. It's really not worth it to have a few chickens. Sometimes a person lives where they cannot have everything they would want and acceptance of that is just part of life and maturity.

For now I'd just make sure your dog shuts up...and I'd apologize for that~to me that is rude and inconsiderate as a neighbor, make sure your Dad's trailer isn't encroaching on someone's parking space and just smile and be friendly.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
It can be hard living in city, houses are very close togather. In White Plains if I look out a side window I can watch TV in the next house. Whats really bad for me is my dogs demand to be able to look out every window. I have given up on any kind of drapes or blinds they only last a day. You learn how to live on display.

Latest posts