How To Make A Pineapple Plant Flower

pax12

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm showing you how to make a pineapple plants flower by using ripping apples. My plant is will be 3 years old in May and it's time to help it produce fruit that will be ready by Mid July or August.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a pineapple plant for about 18 months. I finally decided not to bring it inside this fall, as it was so widespread and prickly. If I had more room.....

pax12

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think the plant is too busy trying to survive the winter to flower but I'm going to keep trying so we can watch it grow in the hot summer

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have quite a few pineapple plants. I have never had to use apples to get it to set fruit. I don't keep track of when it does set, but, I think your plant is too small for fruiting yet. I think you are correct that this time of winter is probably not the right time unless you kept green house very warm. You will notice that yur plant will suddenly get quite tall and soon you will see the most beautiful bloom that you have ever seen. And they do take a long time to ripen. When the greenhouse is filled with the smell if pineapple it is ripe. The plant will also split into more plants. The fruited plant sometimes dies away but not always. So you end up with more potential plants. You can also replant the top after you have eaten the fruit. I have had one growing for many years that I had served to my long gone parents. It means a lot to me when I have a fruit that I share with my children and grandchildren from one my parents ate.

Latest posts