How To: Make seed pots

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good idea! I am so particular about my recycling that I even recycle tp rolls instead of tossing them in the trash (take them with the cardboard, cereal boxes, etc to the recycle center).

I saw a thing on how to make newspaper seedling pots (on a blog somewhere, don't remember now where) that was really easy.

They took a soup can and took the bottom off of it too (so you have an open cylinder), then took a wide strip of newspaper (wider than the can) and you line it up with one end of the soup can and roll it all the way around a few times, then stuff the extra up inside the can on the end. Then they took something flat ended (like a piece wooden dowel or stake or something similar--could be anything, so long as it is flat ended) sit it down on the table and tamp from the inside of the can to flatten the stuffed in paper. Wish I could find the blog--it had pics to describe everything!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I use TP but I don't cover the bottom. I just cut in half pack with seed starting mix and plant. I like the half that way I get two for one and it is a pretty good height. If I am planting something that needs more depth I can always replant after germination has occured.

countrywife

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I love that! I was needing some seed pots this week and this is a very nice idea. Thanks!

Latest posts