How to Remove a Tight Ring Off Your Finger!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on taking off my wedding band, I have a habit of turning it with my thumb. Recently I found out that it would not come off. Now I really WANTED it off. I tried soaps, oil, grease, everything I could think of. Nothing worked. I figured I'd have to get it cut off and went to a jewelry store. The lady put a paper towel on the counter and sprayed my finger with, of all things, WINDEX! I had to work the ring side to side, back and forth, but it came off! WINDEX! Who knew?

That was several days ago, I still have a dent on my finger where my wedding band was. I hadn't realized that I had grown some fat fingers in the past 26 years. :lol: I never took it off, so it never was an issue.

Y'all just remember--WINDEX!

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on taking off my wedding band, I have a habit of turning it with my thumb. Recently I found out that it would not come off. Now I really WANTED it off. I tried soaps, oil, grease, everything I could think of. Nothing worked. I figured I'd have to get it cut off and went to a jewelry store. The lady put a paper towel on the counter and sprayed my finger with, of all things, WINDEX! I had to work the ring side to side, back and forth, but it came off! WINDEX! Who knew?

That was several days ago, I still have a dent on my finger where my wedding band was. I hadn't realized that I had grown some fat fingers in the past 26 years. :lol: I never took it off, so it never was an issue.

Y'all just remember--WINDEX!
That was in the movie "My big fat greek wedding" wasn't it? Some uncle fixing everything with windex?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's Good that you didn't have to damage your ring, Bay'.

I had thought that Windex contains a wax but looked it up .It contains a surfactant. Something that is used in both cosmetics and as a wetting agent in agricultural sprays.

In other words, it provides a special kind of coating.

Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've seen another method of removing a stubborn ring, was to wrap the area around the ring tightly with dental floss. After a few minutes, the skin has been compressed, and the ring comes off more easily.

In my former job, I would need to remove my wedding ring (which fit tightly) before running a machine. Either the liquid hand soap, or hand sanitizer with moisturizer, worked well.

Latest posts