How Will it be for You?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll hear a lot of griping and groaning from different people close to me. For me, I'll just get up and get on with life. Personally my sleep habits should be retrained in a couple of days.

I will have to change a habit. I have been going down to lock up the chickens right after I finish washing the supper dishes. Now it will be too early so I'll have to remember to go down later. A couple of times I've been known to forget to go down to lock them up at this time of change. I've never lost a chicken doing that but the potential is there.

Later in the summer when it is hot I'll go outside to work after supper and work until dark. The last thing I'll do is lock the chickens up and wash off before coming in the house, but until I get to that stage locking the chickens up now becomes a memory thing. This summer, the extra cool hour outside will be a welcome treat.

I used to work 28 days on and 28 days off with 6 hours or even 11 hours time zone difference. It would take a few days to get straightened out in sleep habits when I traveled. I found the best transition was just to start living with the new clock. There is nothing like getting home on a Wednesday night with an 11 hour time zone difference then spending the weekend camping with a bunch of boy scouts to help you get over the transition. If I gradually tried to transition the bad effect lasted a lot longer.

I don't see this time change any worse that visiting someone in a different time zone but it can really mess some people up.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
with my insomnia the changing of the clock doesn't bother me, but the dogs do not understand daylight savings spring time is ok but when the clocks go back an hour it messes with their internal clock on knowing when it's dinnertime.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Both of your critter care is commendable!

I got some of that this morning. DW might have thought she was getting up early. Suddenly, there was maltomeal cooking on the stove and a peeled apple appeared before me. She even asked if she could make me a cup of tea! I didn't have to leave the lazyboy :).

Adjusting for me will mostly come later. For the workaday folks, I might have waited to post this on Monday. I actually thought of using our polling Eigenschaft but realized that answers at any time over the next several days may vary greatly. That seems the nature of the adjustment many of us go through.

This time change to an earlier hour comes just about when I start rising earlier to get to daily tasks. Soon, it won't be an hour earlier, it will be 2 hours.

It hasn't been too many years ago when a 1:45am wake-up on many summer days was required. Getting to bed before dark was nearly impossible. I had things to do! I found that schedule brutal ...

Steve

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Daylight savings time messes with me, it throws my whole bodily system off-balance. I've managed to keep my acne down for months and woke up this morning with my face looking like a greasy, over-cooked pizza. My energy levels are dooownn. I still managed to get up this morning to carry water back to the animals and let them out of their enclosures, but it was unpleasant.

You might think that, after more than a century - somebody might have said "hey, I don't think that this is really saving us any time, let's stop doing this."

Thanks Ben Franklin, I suppose that you at least had good intentions.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE LOVE when the time springs forward. My late afternoon depression is so much lessened and I love to sit on the deck at 'tini time with crackers and wine with my hubby. Of course, deck sitting has started early this year due to our warm weather.

Also like others have mentioned, the dogs will now want their dinner at the regular time of 5 p.m. and not start bugging me at 4 p.m. like all winter long. Cats too....

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm usually ok with it but I'm on a 24hr schedule so it is what it is. However it plays heck with my kids they take a while to adjust so that means we all have issues adjusting till they settle in. The fall is the worst of the 2 on them.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It doesn't make much difference to me, except, as Ridgerunner mentioned, locking up the chickens at night. It is easier to forget them when the schedule is thrown off.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would like it better if there was an hour added on in the evening. I like the standard time mornings and I like the daylight savings night. The rabbits looked happy to see me this morning and the cats like that we got up early. They try to get us up early all winter.

Latest posts