How Would You Freeze Soup?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last night I made a big stock pot of chicken soup. This time I even used uncook chicken. My timing is not the best, Tomorrow is my Birthday, and I have dinner plans for the next 4 nights. When some thing sits in fridge after a few days, I get paranoid about food poison and throw it out. I would like to freeze soup, but pot is to big to fit in freezer.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey another birthday! Happy early birthday NYboy!

Don't you have any plastic food storage containers? If not , pick some up today. Fill them with whatever you will eat in one day and freeze. When you're ready for soup, pop it into a pot and warm it up.
Congratulations on your new cooking skills too!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
What thistlebloom said. Also, I don't think potatoes freeze well, so in the future, if you plan on making soup to freeze, you might want to leave potatoes out of it.
Another thing, if I know it will be for longer than a few days, I like to freeze, then cover the exposed surface with wax paper or foil, then put the lid back on. So there is no air touching the soup in the container.
Happy Birthday, and congratulations on successful soup!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, what the others said! DO not freeze all in one BIG lump. Just a portion or 2.
So...our Birthdays are close! Enjoy an extra dessert for me! LOL No Birthday cake here as I did not bake one. :( No dinner out either. DH had a meeting that night so it was grilled cheese and soup for me.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the successful soup adventure! I'm proud of you for even trying -- that it is delicious, why that's a bonus congrats! Of course, we knew you could do it. Nope, not a doubt.

The grocery store sells inexpensive portion-sized storage containers in the wax paper, aluminum foil, trash bag row. Do divide the soup up so you're able to enjoy your success for many meals to come.

We will make a prepper/cook out of you yet. For the best soup you will need a space for a veggie garden -- move over some of you flowers.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Soup :drool !

Carol Dee, I didn't have nearly enuf green tomatoes for Autumn cream of tomato bowls of soup with cheese sandwiches. People bought my green tomatoes this year!

Interesting what @so lucky said about covering the surface after freezing ... like in Tupperware containers?

Yes, congratulations, NyBoy!

Steve
nothingtoadd.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I worked in that rose greenhouse, I once said that I wished the florists could just be waiting at the end of every row to take our freshly cut roses off our hands. "Not without buying through the wholesale house!!" Was the immediate response from the owner!

I think I said that before I learned that they owned 50% of the shares of the wholesale house.

So, you see. It's both having the means of production and cornering the market.

:D Steve

Latest posts