How you keeping yourself busy?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agree, parents that “parent” their children will raise success children in general-some kids just decide to make bad choices.

This “home schooling” time period will be helpful to all involved. Although I fully expect some parents “don’t know another word for them that is socially accepted by this group” to complain that it is the teachers fault when their kids go back to bad habits when education returns to “normal”. School is suppose to be challenging or “hard” otherwise it is just recess or day care.

College is not for everybody. Trade schools are not for everybody. We are a diverse group of people.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I Do want to help a couple who are having backlash with one of their children. He doesn't want to do Any schoolwork.
I really hate to suggest it, but I think that retraining animals teaches you that you have to bring them back with baby steps, rewards for small changes in behavior.
Right now their child is expecting to be punished. He isn't successful in school and that is why he acts out.
Funny, I KNEW how to teach, just a Principal who wanted me gone.
I always thought that the thugs in Middle School, starting to go into illegal businesses Had business acumen, and Could be retrained.
This was confirmed recently when DH (criminal defense atty) had a client who was a drug dealer, but Somehow had gotten his concealed carry IL license anyway, and wanted this to defend himself in his illegal business.
Roll that around in your brain for a minute!
I also as a PS Teacher identified behavior that needed discipline and behavior that needed to be understood.
I had these 2 boys that were friends in my classroom, while classes rotated. They had a disagreement and it came to a head in my class, so they had a small fist fight. I pulled them both out of the class and I told them that I wasn't going to give them detention. I KNEW that they would be over this the next day, bc my brother had a friend that he would fight with, then they would forget about it. Every few months it would repeat.
GLAD I had daughters! I never understood it, but I respected it.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boys are much easier to raise than girls. I have great respect for parents of all female families.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Don't know WHY I never thought of this, but I could really use an affordable machine to clean my kitchen floor, maybe also my cement basement floor, too. For the basement I would need a really good scrubbing tool.
I found this, as I began my search, $114.00, pre tax:
Does anybody here have any suggestions?
Thanks! :hugs

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh ... Ouch ... Oh ... Uh oh ... Ouch ... oooh
Wasn't out there long. DW came with me and after she had 3 pea varieties (snow and snap) in a bed, she wanted to go home ...

I had wandered off to the full 200" length of the big veggie garden with the rototiller and had to scrounge up some big rocks to guide the tractor guy if he shows up early. There's no need for him to till the first 8' of width. I worked harder trying to leave early than I had with the rototiller!

We may venture through the backyard gate and into Narnia, this afternoon. We aren't using it as a shed-attached tunnel this year but the beds have good soil and should not go unused, for our sakes and the good neighbor's.

Steve

Latest posts