Howdy from SE Tennessee

dixie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I joined this site quite some time ago, but forgot about it in all that has been going on.

I live in Birchwood, TN, just outside Chattanooga on 9 1/2 acres. I have been gardening for many, many years using the traditional row method, but in 2010 I switched to square foot gardening and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

My interests include:
Chickens
Heirloom veggies & flowers
Anything vintage
Romantic Cottage style gardening
Jewelry design

My garden blog (which is sort of pitiful) is Diggin' With Dixie

I'm looking forward to sharing & learning with the group.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Dixie!! You fell in with a great group here! I think you have the same interests as most of us! Can't wait to hear more about you and your garden.

dixie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome Dixie!! You fell in with a great group here! I think you have the same interests as most of us! Can't wait to hear more about you and your garden.

Thanks for the welcome baymule. Does the forum have zone specific groups?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nah, we're just one big happy dysfunctional family! :lol: Specific groups tend to stay in their own little ruts. I love TEG because of the diversity of all the different people, locations, weather and growing experiences. We span the globe and we mix it all up. I love TEG! :love

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna like it here!
Oh yes you will! Lots of friendly people here, no snarky remarks. Everyone is very supporting and encouraging. If you are growing a tomato in a bucket, we are excited for you and will swear on a stack of gardening books that it is the purtiest darn tomato we've ever seen! :lol::lol:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Dixie! :frow

I really enjoyed taking a look at your blog. I checked out your jewelry too, very lovely and unique pieces! I used to make jewelry back before I had my kids and I had more time (now I can't keep them out of my stuff anyways.) I like to use sterling silver and gold-filled chain and findings, but since the price of precious metals went up...ouch. :p Look forward to hearing more about your garden! Jump right in and have fun. :cool:

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
You'll love it here. Everyone is very nice and informative. :D

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi Dixie, from Montana. :) i saw you know how to post pictures, wonderful!! We expect lots! :lol:

Latest posts