Howdy from South Central Texas

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from southeast Texas! (moving to the Tyler area) Your garden is magazine picture perfect! Gorgeous! What kind of cattle do you have?

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome Sam! I am just up in the hills west of south central Texas. It was nice to be back in a t-shirt and sandals in the garden today after 18 degrees.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Black Limousin (seedstock)
We love pictures here, and would love to see pictures of your cows. Seedstock, so does that mean that you have a starter herd or that you breed and sell starter seedstock for others? I like cows, but we are moving to 8 acres and cows are too big for small acreage, so am planning on Dorper sheep. Have to fence the whole place, so will have lots of T-post pounding fun.

Cow factiod: Cows lick their nose. They stick their tongue up each nostril and thus they never have boogers. :thumbsup

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ah-h, I've always fancied those beautiful Charolais Limousin, myself. Yours are beef cattle aren't they? At my age, I doubt I'll be getting anything other than a holstein steer from time to time -- nothing worth breeding. It's still something I'd always wanted to raise. Those or a Belted Galloway or two.

If I haven't already welcomed you to this wonderful site, let me do it now. Welcome, @w_r_ranch, to the best gardening (and everything else) group on the internet. You seem to be fitting right in. Glad to have you growing with us.

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We love pictures here, and would love to see pictures of your cows. Seedstock, so does that mean that you have a starter herd or that you breed and sell starter seedstock for others?

Seedstock cattle are breeding cattle typically registered with a breed association. They have documented pedigrees & estimates of genetic merit (called EPDs). They are sold to cattle breeders that are interested in improving the genetics attributes of their herds.

Yours are beef cattle aren't they?

You are correct.

Latest posts