Huge volunteer potato

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I was pulling out some lettuce for my chickens when I came across this volunteer potato growing in the beans and corn. It was spread all over so I decided to pull it out. It had 9 small potatoes, 4 medium sized and these two huge ones!

IMG_4198.jpg

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
WOW jojo!! thats a huge potato :ep :ep That's a baked potato for the whole family...:gig

I wonder what made it get so big, I hope my potatoes will reach that size this season.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bring on the butter! :drool

That is a big one! Very nice surprise for a volunteer. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beans, corn . . . and potatoes!

Companion plants? You may have proof, JoJo!

:)

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
How funny is that?? I can imagine your surprise! So far we have only dug volunteers- but they were average...I am anxious to see the difference in quantity without hilling. That is definitely a family sized potato!

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Whooo Hooo! Those are some nice spuds! I dug around one of my potato plants last night. The foliage had bent and broke, so it gave me a good excuse to dig around. I got two normal size potatoes and 3 little ones. I could see that there were still some more tiny ones in the ground. I left them to see what they would do. I hosed off the other ones and the skin all but washed off them too! Can't wait to eat them tonight. I hope you and your neighborhood enjoy yours! :lol:

Latest posts