I agree that the recent post about storing plants was a scammer BUT

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was real little my mom had a "tropical" garden. It was her pride and joy. It contained several large banana plants (but I was just a little squirt so maybe they weren't actually as gigantic as I remember) and I remember the excitement when they produced. They were small, but so much fun to eat because we grew them ourselves. We moved from there when I was 7 and mom didn't have banana trees again.
Every time I read your posts about your bananas it makes me think of moms tropical garden. Thanks. :)

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When I was real little my mom had a "tropical" garden. It was her pride and joy. It contained several large banana plants (but I was just a little squirt so maybe they weren't actually as gigantic as I remember) and I remember the excitement when they produced. They were small, but so much fun to eat because we grew them ourselves. We moved from there when I was 7 and mom didn't have banana trees again.
Every time I read your posts about your bananas it makes me think of moms tropical garden. Thanks. :)
That makes me feel so good. Thank you

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's basically it. I plant them all around our patio. This year I'll try to.get 20 in the ground
I love the look of them even if they don't bare fruit. They must look very pretty and tropical around your patio.

I used to have one but the winds always tore up the leaves. Do you have this problem?

Mary

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love the look of them even if they don't bare fruit. They must look very pretty and tropical around your patio.

I used to have one but the winds always tore up the leaves. Do you have this problem?

Mary
Yes, that's fine. It's essentially why plants like split leaf philodendrons have evolved to work with the wind; we just choose to keep bananas pure :)

I'm fine with the split leaves because the plants make me smile

Latest posts