I Am in Big Trouble

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's so true Lavender. I communicate with Kid#1 by text primarily. Because of his job he's not usually available to talk and I find it less annoying than waiting for the voice mail to answer so I can leave a message. So I texted him recently, not expecting to hear anything for a day or so and he actually called me right back.
I didn't let on how weepy it made me feel just to hear him. :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's so true Lavender. I communicate with Kid#1 by text primarily. Because of his job he's not usually available to talk and I find it less annoying than waiting for the voice mail to answer so I can leave a message. So I texted him recently, not expecting to hear anything for a day or so and he actually called me right back.
I didn't let on how weepy it made me feel just to hear him. :D
:hugsIs this the son out fighting the wild fires? HEARING he is o.k. would make me weepy, too.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugsIs this the son out fighting the wild fires? HEARING he is o.k. would make me weepy, too.

Yes, that's the one. He's great, they are getting a handle on the local fires and he said they are mostly working on cleanup now.
But I'm just a sentimental old mom and get weepy easily where my kids are concerned.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, that's the one. He's great, they are getting a handle on the local fires and he said they are mostly working on cleanup now.
But I'm just a sentimental old mom and get weepy easily where my kids are concerned.
ME too. But I have not been able to hide it from my boys, ever.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So glad you got to hear from your #1 @thistlebloom , and relieved the fire danger has lessened for him! Forever thankful there are brave young people willing to work hard and selflessly for others. :hugs

Our #1 is the least heard from also, busy and adventurous. I'm always torn between happy and nervous when his name pops up on the phone. His job is relatively safe, and he says I worry too much about his adventures... skydiving is not dangerous.:eek:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
So glad you got to hear from your #1 @thistlebloom , and relieved the fire danger has lessened for him! Forever thankful there are brave young people willing to work hard and selflessly for others. :hugs

Our #1 is the least heard from also, busy and adventurous. I'm always torn between happy and nervous when his name pops up on the phone. His job is relatively safe, and he says I worry too much about his adventures... skydiving is not dangerous.:eek:

That's what our oldest wants to do too, and combine it with firefighting to be a Smokejumper. I'll get all kinds of worry practice in if that ever happens!