I am selling out - I think

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You people are a bad influence!!! I saw that HF 10x12 greenhouse and I think I NEED one. I have a 12x18 "hoop" house that is one like you would see put up for just the season and covered in plastic. The grocery store where I grew up always had one to sell veg plants from. I have always wanted a more perminent one that has a hard cover instead of replacing plastic every couple years. After checking out what can be done with the hanging baskets and everything else I think I have talked my self into it.:barnie

So if anyone close to Central KY needs a greenhouse I got one for sale! 4ft straight sides before the hoop starts with a 10 ft ceiling. Hoops are 18 ft wide and it is 12 ft deep.

Knotbored

Sprout
Reaction score
If you have a working greenhouse then I suggest you take a little time and effort before you jump. That HF greenhouse occasionally goes on sale and you can save big bucks by waiting for it. I think it is now listed for $800 but I bought mine for $650 then later got an email ad for a two-day sale April 17-18 only for $550 and found a 20% off coupon in a Popular Science mag good for one only purchase.
If you get on their mailing list and look for coupons you can save big bucks if you are patient.
I am satisfied my $650 was an absolute bargain, but would not consider it without numerous inexpensive improvements:
1. Reinforce the header over the door (I used 1" square alum tubing)-cost $18
2. Added EMT tube at 5' height along each wall and at 7' height along the roof-cost with connecters about $15
3. Added about double the clips securing the panels-cost $18 (available by phone from HF)
4. Screws and rubber washers to secure each panel to frame members and about center of each panel-about $20
5. Special greenhouse tape to prevent bugs entering panel edges (I did't do it but wish I had.) about $20
6. Window vent openers- I used HF units I got at a yard sale- have seen complaints but am satisfied so far-cost about $90

With these changes and MUCH help from othe owners and blogs to explain the poor instruction manual you will be very happy with it-as I am with mine.

Latest posts